Pure

March 6, 2009 12:47 PM

A fairly grim song, I suppose, mostly one chord, almost too long to upload here. With strings. And a guitar solo.

I've been uploading a song a week to my website, and this is this week's. I used to play it solo acoustic for a while, but it was a bit long for that. In retrospect I think people might have thought I was mad, largely because it had an intricate arrangement going on inside my head. Generally a live-music no-no, that.

I've always liked dramatic, over the top music, and I used it as a sort of test case to see exactly how far over the top I could go in Logic (the answer being so far over the top I was half-way down the other side).

I actually like it a lot, but then I would.

(If you visited the site - http://www.johnpeacock.com - before, please note that I've redesigned it since then. Or designed it, I'm not sure that there's any "re-" about it.)

posted by Grangousier (8 comments total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Oh, and I've not lived any of this, it's all vicarious misery. It just seemed to be the way the song should go.
posted by Grangousier at 12:48 PM on March 6, 2009

Here I am getting ready to post a half-done demo from a year ago that I have given up on but sort of like, and you go and post this gorgeous piece of atmosphere. Very nicely crafted, performed, arranged, etc. Very, very nice.
posted by The World Famous at 1:35 PM on March 6, 2009

well, i like that - spacey without being sleepy
posted by pyramid termite at 8:33 PM on March 6, 2009

Love this.
posted by chococat at 9:44 PM on March 6, 2009

Digging the intro for sure. Losing me on the opening lyrics -- but the recording quality is great. Ignore my comment about the lyrics, you're winning me back. Waiting for the chorus. Very linear -- I'm waiting for it to go somewhere. Great at 4:03 - switchup kicking in - and continuing. Dark -- but a great mood. Me passing out, have eaten pot brownie...
posted by chiefbluefeather at 12:57 AM on March 8, 2009

The vocals have almost a Scott Walker quality to them.
posted by dobie at 12:05 PM on March 8, 2009

The Doors?
posted by AppleSeed at 8:16 PM on March 10, 2009

This is fantastic. I was drawn into your sonic landscape for sure. And the vocals fit perfectly. A total success.
posted by abc123xyzinfinity at 1:24 PM on January 11, 2010

« Older too sweet - vampire deer   |   Outer Space 1 (Demo) Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments