Morning Reverb

October 8, 2011 9:44 AM

Ambient reverby thing

posted by The World Famous (10 comments total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Man, that's gorgeous.
posted by koeselitz at 8:21 PM on October 8, 2011

This is the perfect soundtrack for stargazing on a remote mountain top while doing shrooms. So peaceful.
posted by snsranch at 3:09 PM on October 9, 2011

This reverby thing hides a very beautiful composition.
posted by jchgf at 9:30 PM on October 10, 2011

Thanks, everybody. It was harder than I expected to write something and play it and then sot of let go of it in order to cover it all up with a bunch of different delays and reverbs. But now I sort of want to make a whole album of this sort of stuff.
posted by The World Famous at 12:56 AM on October 11, 2011

Reminded me of this for some odd reason. Excellent sound.
posted by MajorDundee at 3:28 PM on October 14, 2011

Yessssssss.
posted by Corduroy at 4:26 PM on October 14, 2011

I like this!
posted by Pallas Athena at 4:59 PM on October 18, 2011

It's evening here and the reverb still works. Nice one - so many yummy layers.
posted by vanar sena at 8:24 AM on October 31, 2011

i'm way behind on this, but what's the effects chain you used here?
posted by empath at 6:18 PM on November 6, 2011

I'll have to pull up the session next time I'm in my studio to remember exactly what each of the reverbs and delays I used were.

But basically, each instrument has some combination of long reverse reverb, long forward reverb, and multiple multi-tap and stereo delays. Then the two piano tracks are played backwards with even more reverb. Some of the reverbs and delays were applied in audiosuite and some are automated to keep the melody in parts. Then the whole thing has a long reverb, a compressor, and a mastering limiter. I think I might have put the arpeggiator synth (which is buried and just gives a vague sense of rhythm) through Bittersweet, too.
posted by The World Famous at 2:14 PM on November 9, 2011 [1 favorite]

« Older Four   |   Millimeters of Mercury — I Will Never Love Again Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments